Understanding Bereavement Training
This course helps participants to understand grief and bereavement and enables them to feel more confident talking with, and supporting, people who have been bereaved.
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Explain the terms loss, grief and bereavement;
- Reflect on their own experiences of loss and grief and consider how this might impact on their work;
- Outline current theories that help understand grief and bereavement;
- Use a range of effective verbal and non-verbal communication skills to enable open and compassionate conversations;
- Signpost people to appropriate sources of information and support;
- Discuss the importance of self-care when supporting those who have been bereaved.