Talking with Young People about Relationships and Sex – Training for Professionals
This introductory course helps staff talk more openly and confidently with young people about relationships and sex.
The course is interactive and participatory and provides participants with a range of materials and tools to initiate and support conversations.
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Reflect on their own early sexual messages and consider how their own values and attitudes might impact their work with young people;
- Discuss sources of pressure that might influence young people’s relationships and sexual activity and the links with self-esteem;
- Explain what consent is and what it should look like in practice;
- Talk more confidently about the basics of contraception, condoms, and safer sex;
- Identify local sexual health services to signpost young people to; and
- Empower and support young people to make informed choices about their relationships and sexual health.