Relationships and Sex Education (RSE)
Talking with Young People about Relationships and Sex: Training for Practitioners
This introductory course helps staff talk more openly, confidently and inclusively with young people about relationships and sexual health.
The course is interactive and participatory and provides participants with a range of materials and tools to initiate and support conversations.
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Reflect on their own early sexual messages and consider how their own values and attitudes might impact their work with young people;
- Discuss sources of pressure that might influence young people’s relationships and sexual activity and the links with self-esteem;
- Explain what consent is and what it should look like in practice;
- Talk more confidently about the basics of contraception, condoms, and safer sex;
- Identify local sexual health services to signpost young people to; and
- Empower and support young people to make informed choices about their relationships and sexual health.