Talking with Young People about Relationships and Sex: Training for Parents and Carers
This introductory course helps parents and carers talk more openly and confidently, with young people, about relationships and sexual health.
The course provides a range of practical techniques and strategies to increase awareness and knowledge, and to build confidence.
By the end of the training participants will be able to:
- Reflect on their own early sexual messages and consider how their own values and attitudes might impact on how talk with young people relationships and sex;
- Consider what puts a young person at risk of pregnancy and poor sexual health;
- Talk more confidently about the basics of contraception, condoms and safe sex;
- Use a range of practical techniques and strategies to introduce the subject;
- Identify local sexual health services to signpost young people to.