C-Card (Condom Distribution Scheme) Training
This training enables participants to be a C-Card provider and distribute free condoms to young people within their local C-Card Scheme.
It will also enable practitioners to talk more confidently, knowledgeably and inclusively with young people about relationships and sexual health.
By the end of the training participants will be able to:
- Outline the sexual health needs of the young people you support;
- Explain what consent is and what it should look like in practice;
- Explain the legal implications and guidelines you will need to consider when supporting young people around relationships and sex and when providing condoms to young people;
- Talk more confidently about the basics of contraception, condoms, STIs and sexual health;
- Signpost young people to the range of local sexual health services available to them;
- Register young people on the C-Card Scheme within your service;
- Actively promote the C-Card scheme to the young people that use your service.